From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:53, 16 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Vaughans Schoolhouse Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church) was a rural mission under the Virginia Mennonite Conference, located 3 miles west of Lost River, a post office in Hardy County, West Virginia. Services were held here for a number of years, probably 1875-1925. In the late 1950s services were held twice a month in a Brethren church near by. This congregation was a part of the Salem congregation, which is located three miles to the north.



Author(s) Timothy Showalter
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Showalter, Timothy. "Vaughans Schoolhouse Mennonite Church (Lost River, West Virginia, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 2 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Vaughans_Schoolhouse_Mennonite_Church_(Lost_River,_West_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=68781.

APA style

Showalter, Timothy. (1959). Vaughans Schoolhouse Mennonite Church (Lost River, West Virginia, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 2 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Vaughans_Schoolhouse_Mennonite_Church_(Lost_River,_West_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=68781.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 799. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.