From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:03, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

The Vanderhoof Christian Fellowship at Vanderhoof, British Columbia, began as a revival amongst Sommerfelder Mennonites who had moved to the Vanderhoof area from the prairies during the 1950s. Services began in 1959, and the church formally organized in 1970. The first building was occupied in 1963, with a subsequent building program in 1974. The language of worship is English.

LeRoy Barkman served as pastor of the congregation from 1985 until 1995, and James Penner served from 1995 until 2003. Brad Schneck became pastor of the congregation in 2004.

Bibliography

Canadian Mennonite (6 March 1959): 3; (31 December 1969): 6.

Hancock, Lyn, ed. Vanderhoof: the Town That Wouldn't Wait. Vanderhoof: Nechako Valley Historical Society, 1979, 211 pp.

Additional Information

Address: Box 377, Vanderhoof, BC V0J 3A0

Location: 263 Vanderview Drive, Vanderhoof, BC

Telephone: 250-567-9198

Website: Vanderhoof Christian Fellowship

Denominational Affiliation:

Evangelical Mennonite Conference (1970-present)

Vanderhoof Christian Fellowship Membership

Year Members
1975 71
1985 102
1995 100
2000 76

Maps

Map:Vanderhoof Christian Fellowship, Vanderhoof, BC


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published January 2012


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Vanderhoof Christian Fellowship (Vanderhoof, British Columbia, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 2012. Web. 21 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Vanderhoof_Christian_Fellowship_(Vanderhoof,_British_Columbia,_Canada)&oldid=78468.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (January 2012). Vanderhoof Christian Fellowship (Vanderhoof, British Columbia, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Vanderhoof_Christian_Fellowship_(Vanderhoof,_British_Columbia,_Canada)&oldid=78468.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.