From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

The Valley Mennonite Brethren Church, Pacoima, California, was established in 1956 as a Board of Home Missions congregation of the Pacific District Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches. It had 23 members in 1959, with James P. Wiebe as pastor.

In 1959 the congregation relocated to Arleta and changed its name to Community Bible Church in 1962.

The congregation closed in 1987 and Board of Home Missions took over the property and established an Hispanic congregation called Cristo es la Respuesta.

[edit] Archival Records

Center for Mennonite Brethren Studies, Fresno, CA: Community Bible Church (Arleta, Cal.). Records, 1959-1987. Record Group CB501.


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Richard D. Thiessen
Date Published August 2014


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin and Richard D. Thiessen. "Community Bible Church (Arleta, California, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. August 2014. Web. 20 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Community_Bible_Church_(Arleta,_California,_USA)&oldid=124041.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin and Richard D. Thiessen. (August 2014). Community Bible Church (Arleta, California, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Community_Bible_Church_(Arleta,_California,_USA)&oldid=124041.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1132. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.