From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Ulrich Foundation, Inc., Roanoke, Illinois, was incorporated in 1949 as a nonprofit corporation for religious, charitable, and educational work, and scientific and agricultural service and research. In 1958 its officers were R. M. Ulrich, president; Verda Ulrich, vice-president; and Harold A. Zehr, executive secretary. Its planning committee consisted of R. M. Ulrich, Harold A. Zehr, John D. Hartzler, N. D. Kennell, Ivan R. Bachman, and John P. Ulrich. The major activity of the Foundation is the operation of a program near Aibonito, Puerto Rico, which included experimentation in dairying, poultry production, artificial breeding, horticulture, and the operation of a dental service. The program supplements the work of the Mennonite Board of Missions and Charities in the area. The local director was Lawrence Greaser. The organ of the Foundation was The Foundation Echo.


Author(s) Harold A Zehr
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Zehr, Harold A. "Ulrich Foundation, Inc. (Roanoke, Illinois, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 29 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Ulrich_Foundation,_Inc._(Roanoke,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=113977.

APA style

Zehr, Harold A. (1959). Ulrich Foundation, Inc. (Roanoke, Illinois, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Ulrich_Foundation,_Inc._(Roanoke,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=113977.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 771. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.