From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Twenty-Sixth Street Mission, now extinct, located at 26th St. and Halstead St., Chicago, Illinois, was founded in 1906 by A. M. Eash under the Mennonite Board of Missions and Charities (MC). A new building was erected in 1910. In 1924 the building was sold to the Central Conference, which took over responsibility for the work. A. M. Eash served continuously as pastor 1900-1935, except for some interruptions in 1919 ff. The high point of membership was 72 in 1935, with over 300 in the Sunday school. In 1940 the work was closed and the building sold.


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Twenty-Sixth Street Mission (Chicago, Illinois, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 17 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Twenty-Sixth_Street_Mission_(Chicago,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=85600.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1959). Twenty-Sixth Street Mission (Chicago, Illinois, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 17 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Twenty-Sixth_Street_Mission_(Chicago,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=85600.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1130. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.