From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:35, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Turpin Mennonite Church (until 1966 Friedensfeld Mennonite Church) (Mennonite Church USA), a member of the Western District Conference, is located four miles north and four miles east of Turpin, Oklahoma. In 1903 Mennonite families began to settle in Beaver County, where free land was offered to homesteaders. By 1907 a number of families had moved to the Turpin community. The Home Mission Committee of the Western District Conference took an interest in the group, and in 1907 under the leadership of H. R. Voth organized a church with 19 charter members. The first meetinghouse was built in 1908, which was replaced in 1940 by a larger church. The membership in 1953 was approximately 100; the pastor was Levi H. Koehn. In 2008 the membership was 102.

Additional Information

Address: Route 2, Box 21, Turpin, Oklahoma (From Turpin the church is located three miles north on Highway 83 to Highway 64; go 4 miles east on Highway 64, turn at the church sign and go 1 mile north)

Phone: 580-259-6440

Website: Turpin Mennonite Church

Denominational Affiliations:

Western District Conference

Mennonite Church USA


Author(s) Levi H Koehn
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Koehn, Levi H. "Turpin Mennonite Church (Turpin, Oklahoma, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 17 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Turpin_Mennonite_Church_(Turpin,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=85598.

APA style

Koehn, Levi H. (1956). Turpin Mennonite Church (Turpin, Oklahoma, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 17 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Turpin_Mennonite_Church_(Turpin,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=85598.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 400. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.