Turkey Run Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), located south of Bremen, Ohio, a member of the Ohio and Eastern Mennonite Conference, had its beginning in 1858, when a meetinghouse, 24 x 26 ft., was built to accommodate the members in the southern part of the Fairfield-Perry counties congregation. The building, erected after many had already moved to Allen County, never attracted a large membership. During the Civil War, controversy over the draft caused a further serious decline and toward the close of the century it approached extinction. By 1906 only 8 members remained. The membership in 1957 was 37, with Marion Good as pastor.
In 2012 the leading minister was Mike Bender, the congregational membership was 50, and the church was a member of the Conservative Mennonite Conference.
Hershberger, Brenda. Anabaptist (Mennonite) Directory 2012-13. Harrisonburg, VA: The Sword and Trumpet, 2012: 56.
Umble, John. "Extinct Ohio Mennonite Churches." Mennonite Quarterly Review VI (1932): 23-29 et passim.
Wesselhoeft, C. and L. The History of Turkey Run Mennonite Church. 2003.
 Additional Information
Address: 11590 Webb Summit Road, Bremen, OH 43107
|Author(s)||John S. Umble|
|Richard D. Thiessen|
|Date Published||April 2012|
 Cite This Article
Umble, John S. and Richard D. Thiessen. "Turkey Run Mennonite Church (Bremen, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 2012. Web. 30 Nov 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Turkey_Run_Mennonite_Church_(Bremen,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=78336.
Umble, John S. and Richard D. Thiessen. (April 2012). Turkey Run Mennonite Church (Bremen, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 November 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Turkey_Run_Mennonite_Church_(Bremen,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=78336.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.