Difference between revisions of "Tripp Hutterite Colony (Yankton, South Dakota, USA)"

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[checked revision][checked revision]
(added categories)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
Tripp [[Hutterian Brethren (Hutterische Brüder)|Hutterite Bruderhof]], [[South Dakota (USA)|South Dakota]], the second [[Bruderhof|Bruderhof]] of the [[Schmiedeleut|Schmiedeleut]] group of the Hutterian Brethren, established in 1878 as a daughter of the [[Bon Homme Hutterite Colony (Tabor, South Dakota, USA)|Bon Homme Bruderhof]] near Yankton, located 36 miles northwest of Bon Homme, also called Neudorf and Neuhof. It sold its land in 1883 and bought a tract of land from the [[Rappites|Rappites]] or Harmonists at Tidioute, Pennsylvania, where a total of 22 families settled in 1883-84. After two years the group moved back to South Dakota in 1886.
 
Tripp [[Hutterian Brethren (Hutterische Brüder)|Hutterite Bruderhof]], [[South Dakota (USA)|South Dakota]], the second [[Bruderhof|Bruderhof]] of the [[Schmiedeleut|Schmiedeleut]] group of the Hutterian Brethren, established in 1878 as a daughter of the [[Bon Homme Hutterite Colony (Tabor, South Dakota, USA)|Bon Homme Bruderhof]] near Yankton, located 36 miles northwest of Bon Homme, also called Neudorf and Neuhof. It sold its land in 1883 and bought a tract of land from the [[Rappites|Rappites]] or Harmonists at Tidioute, Pennsylvania, where a total of 22 families settled in 1883-84. After two years the group moved back to South Dakota in 1886.
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 749|date=1959|a1_last=Bender|a1_first=Harold S|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 749|date=1959|a1_last=Bender|a1_first=Harold S|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 +
[[Category:Hutterite Colonies]]
 +
[[Category:South Dakota Hutterite Colonies]]
 +
[[Category:American Hutterite Colonies]]
 
[[Category:Extinct Hutterite Colonies]]
 
[[Category:Extinct Hutterite Colonies]]

Latest revision as of 15:09, 17 November 2017

Tripp Hutterite Bruderhof, South Dakota, the second Bruderhof of the Schmiedeleut group of the Hutterian Brethren, established in 1878 as a daughter of the Bon Homme Bruderhof near Yankton, located 36 miles northwest of Bon Homme, also called Neudorf and Neuhof. It sold its land in 1883 and bought a tract of land from the Rappites or Harmonists at Tidioute, Pennsylvania, where a total of 22 families settled in 1883-84. After two years the group moved back to South Dakota in 1886.


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Tripp Hutterite Colony (Yankton, South Dakota, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 11 Dec 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Tripp_Hutterite_Colony_(Yankton,_South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=155761.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1959). Tripp Hutterite Colony (Yankton, South Dakota, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 11 December 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Tripp_Hutterite_Colony_(Yankton,_South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=155761.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 749. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.