Revision as of 05:36, 1 April 2014 by RichardThiessen (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Tiskilwa Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite), located in a historic village in the beautiful valley of Bureau County, Illinois, was organized in 1911 to serve a small Mennonite group who had withdrawn from the Willow Springs Mennonite (Mennonite Church) Church. The town hall was used until early in 1913, when the present adequate building was erected.

The following have served as resident pastors: Eugene Augspurger 1912-1920, Ernest Bohn 1925-1932, H. E. Nunemaker 1932-1941, Henry Toews 1941-1943, L. R. Amstutz 1943-1947, Emil Sommer 1949-1952, and Ben Esch 1952-    . The membership in 1957 was 62.

Author(s) Ben Esch
Date Published 1959

Cite This Article

MLA style

Esch, Ben. "Tiskilwa Mennonite Church (Tiskilwa, Illinois, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 27 Oct 2016.,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=117079.

APA style

Esch, Ben. (1959). Tiskilwa Mennonite Church (Tiskilwa, Illinois, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 October 2016, from,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=117079.

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 728. All rights reserved.

©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.