From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Tiege, a village of the Molotschna Mennonite Settlement, Russia, established in 1805, consisting of 4,503 acres (20 farms), which developed into a significant economic and cultural Mennonite center. In addition to the village school, it had a school for the deaf established by Gerhard Klassen in 1885 (see Marien-taubstummenschule). It was named after Tiege in West Prussia.

[edit] Bibliography

Friesen, Peter M. Die Alt-Evangelische Mennonitische Brüderschaft in Russland (1789-1910) im Rahmen der mennonitischen Gesamtgeschichte. Halbstadt: Verlagsgesellschaft "Raduga", 1911: 655.

Görz, H. Die Molotschnaer Ansiedlung. Steinbach, 1951: 13, 115.


Author(s) Cornelius Krahn
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Krahn, Cornelius. "Tiege (Molotschna Mennonite Settlement, Zaporizhia Oblast, Ukraine)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 30 Sep 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Tiege_(Molotschna_Mennonite_Settlement,_Zaporizhia_Oblast,_Ukraine)&oldid=78168.

APA style

Krahn, Cornelius. (1959). Tiege (Molotschna Mennonite Settlement, Zaporizhia Oblast, Ukraine). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 September 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Tiege_(Molotschna_Mennonite_Settlement,_Zaporizhia_Oblast,_Ukraine)&oldid=78168.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 721. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.