The Way, first published in January 1913 by the Mennonite Publishing House, Scottdale, Pennsylvania, began as an 8-page, 6x9 inches, illustrated monthly. The paper was intended to be purchased by individuals, organizations, or congregations of the Mennonite Church (MC) for free distribution as a missionary project. Editors (until 1938 there were two co-editors) of The Way have been John H. Mosemann, Sr., and J. A. Ressler 1913-1923, Mosemann and John L. Horst 1923-1938, Horst alone 1938-1948, Harold Brenneman 1948-1957, and Urie Bender 1957- . In July 1943 the size was changed to 4 pages and somewhat later to 5.5 x 8 inches. Since its beginning most of the articles, stories, and poems have been selected from other papers and have constantly maintained a strong emphasis on evangelism. The monthly circulation in 1957 was 240,000. The Way ceased publication with volume 62, no. 6 (November/December 1975).
|Author(s)||Ellrose D Zook|
 Cite This Article
Zook, Ellrose D. "Way, The (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 17 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Way,_The_(Periodical)&oldid=123139.
Zook, Ellrose D. (1959). Way, The (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 17 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Way,_The_(Periodical)&oldid=123139.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.