From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:01, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Thames Road Mennonite congregation at Exeter, ON began services in 1954, and formally organized in 1961. The first building was occupied in 1957. The congregation originated through outreach by Zurich Mennonite Church (1954) and the Ontario Mennonite Mission Board (1960).

In 1965 there were 20 members.The congregation dissolved in 1965. It has been affiliated with the Mennonite Conference of Ontario (1960-65). Thus Thames Road Mennonite was part of the Mennonite Church segment of the Mennonite "family." The language of worship was English.

The church was located on Huron County Rd. 83 at the north end of Exeter, near the corner of Hwy. 4. Pastor Stanley Sauder served in 1965 as a congregational leader.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published January 1989


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Thames Road Mennonite Church (Exeter, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 1989. Web. 28 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Thames_Road_Mennonite_Church_(Exeter,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=78094.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (January 1989). Thames Road Mennonite Church (Exeter, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 28 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Thames_Road_Mennonite_Church_(Exeter,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=78094.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.