Teickowitz (Moravia, Czech Republic)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Teickowitz (Takowitz), a castle and village owned by Baron Georg Christoph Teufel, and a Bruderhof of the Hutterian Brethren in Moravia. The baron defended Klaus Braidl in 1593. The Bruderhof was plundered by troops and partly burned down on 14 December 1620. In October 1622 the Brethren were driven out of Teickowitz, leaving all their property behind. They settled in Hungary.

Bibliography

Beck, Josef. Die Geschichts-Bücher der Wiedertäufer in Oesterreich-Ungarn. Vienna, 1883; reprinted Nieuwkoop: De Graaf, 1967.

Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. Mennonitisches Lexikon, 4 vols. Frankfurt & Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe: Schneider, 1913-1967: v. IV, 293.

Wolkan, Rudolf. Geschicht-Buch der Hutterischen Brüder. Macleod, AB, and Vienna, 1923.

Zieglschmid, A. J. F. Die älteste Chronik der Hutterischen Brüder: Ein Sprachdenkmal aus frühneuhochdeutscher Zeit. Ithaca: Cayuga Press, 1943.


Author(s) Christian Hege
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Hege, Christian. "Teickowitz (Moravia, Czech Republic)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 23 Oct 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Teickowitz_(Moravia,_Czech_Republic)&oldid=144627.

APA style

Hege, Christian. (1959). Teickowitz (Moravia, Czech Republic). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 October 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Teickowitz_(Moravia,_Czech_Republic)&oldid=144627.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 691. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.