Tchongrav Mennonite Brethren Bible School (Tchongrav, Crimea, Ukraine)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Tchongrav (Chongrav) Mennonite Brethren Bible School was established at Tchongrav (Chongrav), Crimea, in 1918 through the efforts of Johann G. Wiens and with the approval of the Mennonite Brethren Conference. He was joined by Abraham H. Unruh, Heinrich J. Braun, and Gerhard J. Reimer as teachers. In 1924 the government closed the school, which had at that time 50 students and was offering a three-year course. The Winkler Bible School in Winkler, Manitoba was in a sense a continuation.

Bibliography

Unruh, Abraham H. Die mennonitische Bibelschule zu Tschongraw, Krim, in Russland. Winkler, 1928.


Author(s) Cornelius Krahn
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Krahn, Cornelius. "Tchongrav Mennonite Brethren Bible School (Tchongrav, Crimea, Ukraine)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 17 Nov 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Tchongrav_Mennonite_Brethren_Bible_School_(Tchongrav,_Crimea,_Ukraine)&oldid=113054.

APA style

Krahn, Cornelius. (1959). Tchongrav Mennonite Brethren Bible School (Tchongrav, Crimea, Ukraine). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 17 November 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Tchongrav_Mennonite_Brethren_Bible_School_(Tchongrav,_Crimea,_Ukraine)&oldid=113054.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 690. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.