Tchayachy (Chayachy) Mennonite Brethren Church (Slavgorod Mennonite Settlement, Siberia, Russia)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Tchayachy (Chayachy) Mennonite Brethren Church served the villages of Nikolayevka, Alexeyevka, and Tatyanovka of the Slavgorod Mennonite settlement, Siberia. The leading minister was Wilhelm Giesbrecht, assisted by Heinrich Wiens, Jacob Eck, and Johann Harder. Worship services were originally conducted in school buildings. In 1922 a church was erected which was used conjointly with the Tchayachy Mennonite Church.

Bibliography

Fast, Gerhard. In den Steppen Sibiriens. Rosthern, 1957: 78.


Author(s) Cornelius Krahn
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Krahn, Cornelius. "Tchayachy (Chayachy) Mennonite Brethren Church (Slavgorod Mennonite Settlement, Siberia, Russia)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 20 Apr 2018. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Tchayachy_(Chayachy)_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Slavgorod_Mennonite_Settlement,_Siberia,_Russia)&oldid=78043.

APA style

Krahn, Cornelius. (1959). Tchayachy (Chayachy) Mennonite Brethren Church (Slavgorod Mennonite Settlement, Siberia, Russia). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 April 2018, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Tchayachy_(Chayachy)_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Slavgorod_Mennonite_Settlement,_Siberia,_Russia)&oldid=78043.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 689. All rights reserved.


©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.