Until 1772 Tansee was located in what was known as Royal Prussia (also known as Polish Prussia) in the Kingdom of Poland. The First Partition of Poland in 1772 resulted in the creation of a new province in 1773, called West Prussia, in which Tansee was located. Tansee was situated in the district (Kreis) of Elbing until the establishment of the Free City of Danzig in 1920. The village came under the control of Nazi Germany during World War II until February 1945, when it was occupied by Soviet forces and returned to Poland. In 2012 Tansee (now Świerki) was a village in the administrative district of Gmina Nowy Staw, within Malbork County, Pomeranian Voivodeship.
Mennonites are not listed as living in Tansee in the 1776 or 1820 census lists.
Wikipedia. "Świerki, Pomeranian Voivodeship." Web. 10 December 2012. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%9Awierki,_Pomeranian_Voivodeship.
|Author(s)||Richard D Thiessen|
|Date Published||December 2012|
Cite This Article
Thiessen, Richard D. "Tansee (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. December 2012. Web. 30 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Tansee_(Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=96698.
Thiessen, Richard D. (December 2012). Tansee (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Tansee_(Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=96698.
©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.