Sunnyside Mennonite Church (Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Sunnyside Mennonite Church, in a former suburb of Lancaster, Pennsylvania, began as a mission, initiated by David S. High. The first services were held in an abandoned dance hall with 71 from the community present. Through evangelistic sermons and home visitation the work grew until by 1957 the membership was 50, with David S. High, Witmer J. Barge, and Joseph C. Miller, Jr., as ministers.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Sunnyside Mennonite Church (Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 26 Jul 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Sunnyside_Mennonite_Church_(Lancaster,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=96661.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1959). Sunnyside Mennonite Church (Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 July 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Sunnyside_Mennonite_Church_(Lancaster,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=96661.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 663. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.