Stony Brook Old Order Mennonite Church (York County, Pennsylvania, USA)

From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:34, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (talk | contribs) (CSV import - 20130820)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Stony Brook Old Order Mennonite Church, York County, Pennsylvania, worshiped in the same meetinghouse, about 7 miles east of York, as the Lancaster Mennonites (Mennonite Church) until 1912, when the Mennonites moved to the Highway. Then in 1913 the Old Or­der congregation built another brick church on the same ground, east of the old, well-kept cemetery. It is still called the Witmer church. The membership in 1955 was 12, with Emanuel Landes, deacon, as the only ordained man. Joseph Hostetter was bishop and the Lancaster County ministers took charge of the fortnightly services.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Stony Brook Old Order Mennonite Church (York County, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 18 Nov 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Stony_Brook_Old_Order_Mennonite_Church_(York_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=85373.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1959). Stony Brook Old Order Mennonite Church (York County, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 November 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Stony_Brook_Old_Order_Mennonite_Church_(York_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=85373.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 637. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.