From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
Line 3: Line 3:
 
In 1965 there were 28 members; in 1975, 51; in 1985, 63; in 1995, 33; in 2000, 34. The congregation has been affiliated with the Alberta-Saskatchewan Mennonite Conference (1946-64) and the Western Conservative Mennonite Fellowship (1964-). The language of worship is English.
 
In 1965 there were 28 members; in 1975, 51; in 1985, 63; in 1995, 33; in 2000, 34. The congregation has been affiliated with the Alberta-Saskatchewan Mennonite Conference (1946-64) and the Western Conservative Mennonite Fellowship (1964-). The language of worship is English.
  
The congregation's address is Box 1027, Raymond, AB, T0K 2S0. (403) 756-3762. The building is located 8 km east of Raymond on Hwy. 52, 5 km west of Hwy 4 on Hwy 52. Bishop Edwin J. Bontrager served in 2001 as a non-salaried congregational leader.  
+
The congregation's address is Box 1027, Raymond, AB, T0K 2S0. (403) 756-3762. The building is located 8 km east of Raymond on Hwy. 52, 5 km west of Hwy 4 on Hwy 52. Bishop Edwin J. Bontrager served in 2001 as a non-salaried congregational leader.
 
+
 
+
 
+
 
+
 
= Bibliography =
 
= Bibliography =
 
<em class="gameo_bibliography">Mennonite Reporter</em> (22 August 1994): 17.
 
<em class="gameo_bibliography">Mennonite Reporter</em> (22 August 1994): 17.
  
 
Stauffer, Ezra. <em class="gameo_bibliography">History of the Alberta-Saskatchewan Mennonite Conference. </em>1960: 34.
 
Stauffer, Ezra. <em class="gameo_bibliography">History of the Alberta-Saskatchewan Mennonite Conference. </em>1960: 34.
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=|date=July 1986|a1_last=Stauffer|a1_first=Ezra|a2_last=Epp|a2_first=Marlene}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=|date=July 1986|a1_last=Stauffer|a1_first=Ezra|a2_last=Epp|a2_first=Marlene}}

Revision as of 19:00, 20 August 2013

The Stirling Mennonite congregation at Raymond, AB began services in 1946, and formally organized in 1947. John J. Hofer and John Hofer are considered the founding leaders of the group. The congregation was begun by a group which left a nearby Hutterite settlement. Initially they were associated with the Alberta-Saskatchewan Conference of the Mennonite Church, to whom they appealed for assistance in starting a congregation. Eleven members were received as members of the Mennonite Church on 10 November 1946. Stirling was formerly part of the Upper Fraser Mennonite Fellowship.

In 1965 there were 28 members; in 1975, 51; in 1985, 63; in 1995, 33; in 2000, 34. The congregation has been affiliated with the Alberta-Saskatchewan Mennonite Conference (1946-64) and the Western Conservative Mennonite Fellowship (1964-). The language of worship is English.

The congregation's address is Box 1027, Raymond, AB, T0K 2S0. (403) 756-3762. The building is located 8 km east of Raymond on Hwy. 52, 5 km west of Hwy 4 on Hwy 52. Bishop Edwin J. Bontrager served in 2001 as a non-salaried congregational leader.

Bibliography

Mennonite Reporter (22 August 1994): 17.

Stauffer, Ezra. History of the Alberta-Saskatchewan Mennonite Conference. 1960: 34.


Author(s) Ezra Stauffer
Marlene Epp
Date Published July 1986


Cite This Article

MLA style

Stauffer, Ezra and Marlene Epp. "Stirling Mennonite Church (Raymond, Alberta, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. July 1986. Web. 2 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Stirling_Mennonite_Church_(Raymond,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=77926.

APA style

Stauffer, Ezra and Marlene Epp. (July 1986). Stirling Mennonite Church (Raymond, Alberta, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 2 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Stirling_Mennonite_Church_(Raymond,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=77926.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.