From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:34, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Steelton Mennonite Gospel Mission (Mennonite Church) began in 1936, when a club building on South Second Street was rented for Sunday morning services. Tent meeting in the fall of 1936 with Stoner Krady as evangelist resulted in a number of responses. At the first baptismal service five were received.

Within a year another place for worship was provided in an Episcopal parish house on Pine Street. As the greater part of the growing Sunday school was from the west side of Steelton a store building was purchased on the west side at 304 Myers Street, by the Eastern Mission Board. The superintendents have been Ira Miller, Warren Metzler, Samuel Longenecker, Isaac M. Baer, and Russell J. Baer, who has been serving since 1953. The membership in 1957 was 45.


Author(s) Frank N Herzler
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Herzler, Frank N. "Steelton Mennonite Church (Steelton, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 19 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Steelton_Mennonite_Church_(Steelton,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=85298.

APA style

Herzler, Frank N. (1959). Steelton Mennonite Church (Steelton, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Steelton_Mennonite_Church_(Steelton,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=85298.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 623. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.