Steel City Mennonite Church, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, was a mission congregation sponsored by the Franconia Mennonite Conference district mission board. Established in 1951, it had 40 members in 1957.
Early leaders were Harold M. Fly and Frank Z. Greaser, though for a number of years preaching services were arranged by the mission board.
In June 2011 the congregation was released by the Franconia Mennonite Conference to join the Conservative Mennonite Conference. Some of the questions leading to this decision revolved around differing interpretations of Biblical perspectives specifically related to issues of women in leadership.
Ralph, Emily. "Steel City congregation blessed and released." Franconia Mennonite Conference. 20 June 2011. Web. 25 October 2016. http://franconiaconference.org/steel-city-congregation-blessed-and-released/.
 Additional Information
Address: 2137 Mixsell Ave, Bethlehem PA 18015-6223
 Ordained Leaders at Steel City Mennonite Church
|Supplied by Conference||1951-1958|
|Frank Z. Greaser (1898-1983)||1958-1962|
|Supplied by Conference||1962-1963|
|Robert G. Walters (1927- )||1964-1984?|
|Duane Frederick (1955- )||1984?-1989|
|David K. Kochsmeier (1963- )||1990?-present|
 Membership at Steel City Mennonite Church
|Date Published||October 2016|
 Cite This Article
Gingerich, Melvin and Sam Steiner. "Steel City Mennonite Church (Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. October 2016. Web. 28 Mar 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Steel_City_Mennonite_Church_(Bethlehem,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=139641.
Gingerich, Melvin and Sam Steiner. (October 2016). Steel City Mennonite Church (Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 28 March 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Steel_City_Mennonite_Church_(Bethlehem,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=139641.
©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.