From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:29, 24 December 2013 by SamSteiner (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Stayner Evangelical Missionary congregation at Stayner, Ontario formally organized in 1881. The first building was occupied in 1890, with a subsequent building program in 1964. The congregation originated through outreach by the Mennonite Brethren in Christ.

In 1900 there were 71 members; in 1925, 72; in 1950, 98; in 1975, 133; in 1985, 131; in 1995, 84; in 2000, 69. The congregation has been affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren in Christ Church (1883-1947), the United Missionary Church (1947-69), the Missionary Church (1969-93), and the Evangelical Missionary Church, Canada East (1993-). The language of worship is English.

The congregation's address is Box 1270, 295 Main St. E., Stayner, ON, L0M 1S0. (705) 428-3741. Pastor Rob Harwood served in 2013 as a congregational leader.

Bibliography

History of Missionary Church at Stayner, Mennonite Archives of Ontario.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published December 1986


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Stayner Evangelical Missionary Church (Stayner, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. December 1986. Web. 18 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Stayner_Evangelical_Missionary_Church_(Stayner,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=105177.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (December 1986). Stayner Evangelical Missionary Church (Stayner, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Stayner_Evangelical_Missionary_Church_(Stayner,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=105177.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.