From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:25, 24 December 2013 by SamSteiner (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

The Stanley Markham-Waterloo Mennonite congregation at Zurich, Ontario began services and formally organized in 1951. The congregation originated through division from the Old Order Mennonites. The group met in the home of Josiah Steckle. The group discontinued when Josiah Steckle moved to Waterloo County.

Bishop Amsey Martin served in 1967 as a non-salaried congregational leader. The congregation had been affiliated with the Markham-Waterloo Mennonite Conference since 1951. The language of worship was English and German; the transition from German occurred in the 1950s.

Bibliography

Frey, Aden. "The Markham-Waterloo Conference of Ontario." Research paper, Conrad Grebel College, 1972, 38 pp., Mennonites in Canada collection, "Markham-Waterloo," Mennonite Archives of Ontario.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published April 1986


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Stanley Mennonite Church (Zurich, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 1986. Web. 25 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Stanley_Mennonite_Church_(Zurich,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=105176.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (April 1986). Stanley Mennonite Church (Zurich, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Stanley_Mennonite_Church_(Zurich,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=105176.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.