From GAMEO
Revision as of 17:25, 20 January 2014 by SusanHuebert (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

St. Elizabeth Mennonite Church, now extinct, located 25 miles south of Winnipeg, Manitoba, began in 1915 when the Seth Miller family and others moved here in 1915-18. These settlers organized a Sunday school on 1 March 1919, with A. A. Zook and Seth Miller as superintendents. The largest membership was 15. They were affiliated with the Dakota-Montana Conference (now North Central), and ministers from the district filled monthly appointments. At different times Allan Good and J. M. Kreider held special meetings. The work was discontinued because of the Great Depression, prejudice against German-speaking people, and lack of a resident minister.


Author(s) Floyd Kauffman
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Kauffman, Floyd. "St. Elizabeth Mennonite Church (St. Elizabeth, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 24 Jul 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=St._Elizabeth_Mennonite_Church_(St._Elizabeth,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=110217.

APA style

Kauffman, Floyd. (1959). St. Elizabeth Mennonite Church (St. Elizabeth, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 July 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=St._Elizabeth_Mennonite_Church_(St._Elizabeth,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=110217.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 401. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.