Difference between revisions of "St. Elizabeth Mennonite Church (St. Elizabeth, Manitoba, Canada)"

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[checked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130820)
m (Text replace - "[[North Central Conference of the Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA)|" to "[[North Central Conference of the Mennonite Church|")
 
(2 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
St. Elizabeth Mennonite Church, now extinct, located 25 miles south of [[Winnipeg (Manitoba, Canada)|Winnipeg]], Manitoba, began in 1915 when the Seth Miller family and others moved here in 1915-18. These settlers organized a Sunday school on 1 March 1919, with A. A. Zook and Seth Miller as superintendents. The largest membership was 15. They were affiliated with the Dakota-Montana Conference (now [[North Central Conference of the Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA)|North Central]]), and ministers from the district filled monthly appointments. At different times Allan Good and J. M. Kreider held special meetings. The work was discontinued because of the depression, prejudice against German-speaking people, and lack of a resident minister.
+
St. Elizabeth Mennonite Church, now extinct, located 25 miles south of [[Winnipeg (Manitoba, Canada)|Winnipeg]], Manitoba, began in 1915 when the Seth Miller family and others moved here in 1915-18. These settlers organized a Sunday school on 1 March 1919, with A. A. Zook and Seth Miller as superintendents. The largest membership was 15. They were affiliated with the Dakota-Montana Conference (now [[North Central Conference of the Mennonite Church|North Central]]), and ministers from the district filled monthly appointments. At different times Allan Good and J. M. Kreider held special meetings. The work was discontinued because of the Great Depression, prejudice against German-speaking people, and lack of a resident minister.
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 401|date=1959|a1_last=Kauffman|a1_first=Floyd|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 401|date=1959|a1_last=Kauffman|a1_first=Floyd|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 +
[[Category:Churches]]

Latest revision as of 17:10, 1 June 2017

St. Elizabeth Mennonite Church, now extinct, located 25 miles south of Winnipeg, Manitoba, began in 1915 when the Seth Miller family and others moved here in 1915-18. These settlers organized a Sunday school on 1 March 1919, with A. A. Zook and Seth Miller as superintendents. The largest membership was 15. They were affiliated with the Dakota-Montana Conference (now North Central), and ministers from the district filled monthly appointments. At different times Allan Good and J. M. Kreider held special meetings. The work was discontinued because of the Great Depression, prejudice against German-speaking people, and lack of a resident minister.


Author(s) Floyd Kauffman
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Kauffman, Floyd. "St. Elizabeth Mennonite Church (St. Elizabeth, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 24 Nov 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=St._Elizabeth_Mennonite_Church_(St._Elizabeth,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=148650.

APA style

Kauffman, Floyd. (1959). St. Elizabeth Mennonite Church (St. Elizabeth, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 November 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=St._Elizabeth_Mennonite_Church_(St._Elizabeth,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=148650.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 401. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.