Springs, a town (population in the late 1950s, 275) near Salisbury, Pennsylvania, was built on an area originally consisting of two farms, the George Folk farm and the Peter Kitsche farm. Springs is the home congregation from which all the Mennonite (Mennonite Church) churches and mission points in the Casselman Valley district have been established. Sunday-school work had its beginning in 1846 in the "Red School House," on the lot occupied by the V. W. Bender Co. store building in the late 1950s. During this time the town had a number of Mennonite-owned industries. It was a community for truck, dairy, and chicken farming, and was known for its good mountain air and its good water, as its name suggests.
|Author(s)||Elmer E Bittinger|
 Cite This Article
Bittinger, Elmer E. "Springs (Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 10 Feb 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Springs_(Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=85221.
Bittinger, Elmer E. (1959). Springs (Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 10 February 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Springs_(Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=85221.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.