From GAMEO
Revision as of 20:06, 10 February 2014 by SusanHuebert (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Spink Hutterite Bruderhof, called Spink Hutterian Brethren, Inc., of the Schmiedeleut group, located near Frankfort, South Dakota, was founded in 1905 by members of the Wolf Creek Bruderhof. In 1918 they sold this land and moved to Alberta, founding the Stand-Off Colony near Macleod. In 1944 the Bon Homme commune bought this site and rebuilt it; eleven families from Bon Homme with Johannes Wipf, who had been chosen to the ministry in 1934, settled here. Joseph Wipf was chosen preacher in Spink in 1946. In 1958 the commune numbered 152 souls.

Daughter colonies of Spink Hutterite Colony include Collins Hutterite Colony (Iroquois, South Dakota), Hutterville Hutterite Colony (Stratford, South Dakota), and Plainview Hutterite Colony (Leola, South Dakota).

In 2012 the Spink Hutterite Colony was a Schmiedeleut Group 2 colony. The minister was Samuel Wipf and the manager was Paul Wipf Jr.

Additional Information

Location: Frankfort, South Dakota (coordinates: 44.747778, -98.293056 [44˚ 44 52″ N, 98˚ 17′ 35″ W])

Address: 18206 Spink Lane, Frankfort, SD 57440-7207

Telephone: 605-472-0940

Maps

Map:Spink Hutterite Colony, Frankfort, South Dakota


Author(s) David, Joseph Wipf Decker
Bert Friesen
Date Published March 2013


Cite This Article

MLA style

Decker, David, Joseph Wipf and Bert Friesen. "Spink Hutterite Colony (Frankfort, South Dakota, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. March 2013. Web. 1 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Spink_Hutterite_Colony_(Frankfort,_South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=112803.

APA style

Decker, David, Joseph Wipf and Bert Friesen. (March 2013). Spink Hutterite Colony (Frankfort, South Dakota, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 1 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Spink_Hutterite_Colony_(Frankfort,_South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=112803.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 596. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.