From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:00, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Spencer Bergthaler Mennonite congregation in Spencer, MB began services about 1933, and formally organized in 1938. The first building was occupied in 1939, with subsequent building programs in 1949 and 1970. William Heinrichs is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through settlers moving into the area from the "West Reserve" after a number of local Mennonite families immigrated to Mexico and South America. In 1970 the congregation relocated and built a new facility. They were then known as the Grunthal Bergthaler Mennonite Church.

In 1965 there were 70 members. It had been affiliated with the Conference of Mennonites in Canada.

Bibliography

Canadian Mennonite (4 September 1970): 11.

Gerbrandt, H. J. Adventure in Faith. Altona, MB: Bergthaler Mennonite Church of Manitoba, 1970, 379 pp.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published September 1986


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Spencer Bergthaler Mennonite Church (Spencer, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. September 1986. Web. 19 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Spencer_Bergthaler_Mennonite_Church_(Spencer,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=77850.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (September 1986). Spencer Bergthaler Mennonite Church (Spencer, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Spencer_Bergthaler_Mennonite_Church_(Spencer,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=77850.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.