From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Spanish Mennonite Church (MC), La Junta, Colorado, a member of the South Central Conference, was formerly called the Spanish Baptist Church, but was turned over to the Mennonites in 1940, who bought and remodeled the church building, which had been erected in 1921. The congregation was organized under the leadership of David Castillo, a native of Mexico, in February 1941, when eleven were baptized and six received upon confession of faith. The membership in 1955 was 42, with Castillo as pastor. After 1944 the congregation sponsored a Spanish Gospel Program over the local radio station.

Fora later, more complete, history see Emmanuel Mennonite Church (La Junta, Colorado, USA)


Author(s) Elsie Castillo
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Castillo, Elsie. "Spanish Mennonite Church (La Junta, Colorado, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 18 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Spanish_Mennonite_Church_(La_Junta,_Colorado,_USA)&oldid=85149.

APA style

Castillo, Elsie. (1959). Spanish Mennonite Church (La Junta, Colorado, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Spanish_Mennonite_Church_(La_Junta,_Colorado,_USA)&oldid=85149.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 592. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.