This publication was begun as Southwestern Pennsylvania Mission News, a bimonthly, on 23 November 1936. The first editors were Sanford G. Shetler and John L. Horst. It began as a mimeographed sheet. With the issue of 25 January 1938, it was changcd to a four-page, printed sheet, 6 x 8 inches, enlarged in January 1939 to 9 x 12 inches. In May 1942, by conference action, the name of the paper was changed to Southwestern Pennsylvania Conference News, and its contents were adapted to represent the four conference-wide organizations—Church Conference, Mission Board, Sunday School Conference (now known as the Christian Education Conference), and Associated Sewing Circles. In April 1954 the paper was changed to a monthly and in September 1954 the title was changed to Allegheny Conference News after the conference adopted a new constitution which changed its name from Southwestern Pennsylvania to Allegheny. It continues as the official organ of the four conference-wide organizations of Allegheny Conference (Mennonite Church).
|Author(s)||John L., Sr Horst|
 Cite This Article
Horst, John L., Sr. "Southwestern Pennsylvania Conference News (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 17 Mar 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Southwestern_Pennsylvania_Conference_News_(Periodical)&oldid=96494.
Horst, John L., Sr. (1959). Southwestern Pennsylvania Conference News (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 17 March 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Southwestern_Pennsylvania_Conference_News_(Periodical)&oldid=96494.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.