In 1948 a small group of young people from East Aldergrove Mennonite Brethren (MB) Church decided to hold Sunday School classes in the Brookswood area of Langley. Using the Brookswood Community Hall they held classes every Sunday afternoon. In 1958 the East Aldergrove MB Church youth group started a fund to raise money for a permanent Brookswood Church building. An acre of land was purchased on 36th Avenue in 1959 and services began in 1963. The congregation, known as Brookswood Mennonite Brethren, formally organized on 22 November 1964 with 17 charter members.
In 1977 the congregation moved to it's current location on 22nd Avenue and changed its name to South Langley MB Church in 1980. In 2010 the congregation's membership was 215 and the average weekly attendance was 235.
Mennonite Brethren Herald (27 May 1988): 22.
South Langley MB Church. "All About Us: A Brief History of South Langley Mennonite Brethren Church." Web. 29 November 2009. http://www.southlangleychurch.com/all-about-us.
Archival RecordsChurch records at Centre for Mennonite Brethren Studies.
 Additional Information
Address: 20098-22nd Avenue, Langley, BC V3A 4P4; the church is located 6.5 km south of Langley, East of 200 Street.
South Langley Leading Ministers
|Jacob J. Dyck||1968-1973|
|Paul J. Fast||1977-1987|
|Marvin H. Schmidt||1988-1996|
South Langley Membership
|Author(s)||Richard D. Thiessen|
|Date Published||May 2011|
 Cite This Article
Thiessen, Richard D.. "South Langley Mennonite Brethren Church (Langley, British Columbia, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. May 2011. Web. 2 Apr 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=South_Langley_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Langley,_British_Columbia,_Canada)&oldid=77833.
Thiessen, Richard D.. (May 2011). South Langley Mennonite Brethren Church (Langley, British Columbia, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 2 April 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=South_Langley_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Langley,_British_Columbia,_Canada)&oldid=77833.
©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.