From GAMEO
Revision as of 15:18, 13 March 2014 by SamSteiner (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The South Cayuga Old Order Mennonite meetinghouse at Dunnville, Ontario was located on the north side of Rainham Road at the west end of South Cayuga. Minister John D. Shirk served as the last non-salaried Old Order leader. In 1925 there were 20 members; in 1950, 2. The congregation dissolved in 1941. It had been affiliated with the Old Order Mennonites from 1889-1930 and with the Markham-Waterloo Mennonite Conference from 1930-41. The first building was occupied in 1850.

The congregation originated through division from the South Cayuga Mennonite Church.

Bibliography

Aden Frey, "The Markham-Waterloo Conference of Ontario," Mennonite Archives of Ontario


Author(s) Joseph C. Fretz
Marlene Epp
Date Published April 1986


Cite This Article

MLA style

Fretz, Joseph C. and Marlene Epp. "South Cayuga Old Order Mennonite Meetinghouse (Dunnville, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 1986. Web. 28 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=South_Cayuga_Old_Order_Mennonite_Meetinghouse_(Dunnville,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=115560.

APA style

Fretz, Joseph C. and Marlene Epp. (April 1986). South Cayuga Old Order Mennonite Meetinghouse (Dunnville, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 28 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=South_Cayuga_Old_Order_Mennonite_Meetinghouse_(Dunnville,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=115560.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 584. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.