From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Smith Corner Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite Church), located 3 miles west of East Freedom, Blair County, Pennsylvania, a member of the Eastern District Conference, was started in 1908 by Jacob G. Snyder and Herman Snyder of Roaring Spring, Pennsylvania, formerly ministers in the Mennonite Church, with a nucleus of members from that community. The church was built in that same year. The pastor in 1957 was Walter D. Fry, and the membership was 61.


Author(s) William T Snyder
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Snyder, William T. "Smith Corner Mennonite Church (East Freedom, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 19 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Smith_Corner_Mennonite_Church_(East_Freedom,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=85057.

APA style

Snyder, William T. (1959). Smith Corner Mennonite Church (East Freedom, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Smith_Corner_Mennonite_Church_(East_Freedom,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=85057.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4 p. 553. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.