Smirna Mennonite Church (Coamo, Puerto Rico)

From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:32, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (talk | contribs) (CSV import - 20130820)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Smirna Mennonite Church, Coamo Arriba, Puerto Rico, was founded in 1950 as an outpost of the Bethany congregation. The first converts were baptized 21 October 1951. The meetinghouse was erected in 1953. In 1958 the membership was 19, with Jose M. Ortiz and Lester Hershey as ministers.

Bibliography

Widmer, Gladys. We Enter Puerto Rico. Elkhart, 1952.


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Smirna Mennonite Church (Coamo, Puerto Rico)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 18 Nov 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Smirna_Mennonite_Church_(Coamo,_Puerto_Rico)&oldid=85044.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1959). Smirna Mennonite Church (Coamo, Puerto Rico). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 November 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Smirna_Mennonite_Church_(Coamo,_Puerto_Rico)&oldid=85044.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1126. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.