From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:49, 16 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Smirna Mennonite Church, Coamo Arriba, Puerto Rico, was founded in 1950 as an outpost of the Bethany congregation. The first converts were baptized 21 October 1951. The meetinghouse was erected in 1953. In 1958 the membership was 19, with Jose M. Ortiz and Lester Hershey as ministers.


Bibliography

Widmer, Gladys. We Enter Puerto Rico. Elkhart, 1952.



Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Smirna Mennonite Church (Coamo, Puerto Rico)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 29 Jul 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Smirna_Mennonite_Church_(Coamo,_Puerto_Rico)&oldid=68183.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1959). Smirna Mennonite Church (Coamo, Puerto Rico). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 July 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Smirna_Mennonite_Church_(Coamo,_Puerto_Rico)&oldid=68183.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1126. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.