Simonsdorf (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)
Until 1772 Simonsdorf was located in what was known as Royal Prussia (also known as Polish Prussia) in the Kingdom of Poland. The First Partition of Poland in 1772 resulted in the creation of a new province in 1773, called West Prussia, in which Simonsdorf was located. Simonsdorf was situated in the district (Kreis) of Marienburg until the establishment of the Free City of Danzig in 1920. The village came under the control of Nazi Germany during World War II until February 1945, when it was occupied by Soviet forces and returned to Poland. In 2012 Simonsdorf (now Szymankowo) was a village in the administrative district of Gmina Lichnowy, within Malbork County, Pomeranian Voivodeship.
The 1776 Prussian census lists eight Mennonite families in Simonsdorf with the following surnames: Barckmann, Ens, Epp, Harder, Isaac, Penner, Van Riesen, and Zacharias. In 1820 Simonsdorf had 186 inhabitants, including 37 Mennonites.
Mennonites who were residents of Simonsdorf were members of the Heubuden Mennonite Church.
Wikipedia. "Szymankowo." Web. 16 December 2012. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Szymankowo.
Wolf, Hans-Jürgen. "Familienforschung in Westpreußen." Web. 16 December 2012. http://www.westpreussen.de/cms/ct/ortsverzeichnis/details.php?ID=6105.
|Author(s)||Richard D Thiessen|
|Date Published||December 2012|
Cite This Article
Thiessen, Richard D. "Simonsdorf (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. December 2012. Web. 17 Oct 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Simonsdorf_(Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=96429.
Thiessen, Richard D. (December 2012). Simonsdorf (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 17 October 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Simonsdorf_(Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=96429.
©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.