From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:32, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Silver Lake Mennonite Brethren Church (sometimes called the Dolton M.B. Church), Hutchinson County, South Dakota, was organized by about 30 members under the leadership of P. H. Unruh in 1889. In 1891 a church was constructed east of Silver Lake and about three miles southwest of Dolton. P. H. Unruh was succeeded by Peter Fast, who served 1909-1923, J. J. Adrian 1923-1946, G. S. Warkentin 1946-?. In 1920 a new church with a seating capacity of 275 was erected. In 1957 the membership was 140, with John Regehr as pastor.


Author(s) John A Wiebe
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Wiebe, John A. "Silver Lake Mennonite Brethren Church (Dolton, South Dakota, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 23 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Silver_Lake_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Dolton,_South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=84980.

APA style

Wiebe, John A. (1959). Silver Lake Mennonite Brethren Church (Dolton, South Dakota, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Silver_Lake_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Dolton,_South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=84980.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, pp. 527-528. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.