From GAMEO
Revision as of 07:31, 18 March 2014 by RichardThiessen (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Silver Lake Mennonite Brethren Church, 1948.
Creator: Henry J. Wiens (1885-1975)
Digitized by Hiebert Library. Center for Mennonite Brethren Studies
.

Silver Lake Mennonite Brethren Church (sometimes called the Dolton M.B. Church), Hutchinson County, South Dakota, was organized by about 30 members under the leadership of P. H. Unruh in 1889. In 1891 a church was constructed east of Silver Lake and about three miles southwest of Dolton. P. H. Unruh was succeeded by Peter Fast, who served 1909-1923, J. J. Adrian 1923-1946, G. S. Warkentin 1946-?. In 1920 a new church with a seating capacity of 275 was erected.

In 1957 the membership was 140, with John Regehr as pastor.

Additional Information

Denominational Affiliations:

Central District of Mennonite Brethren Churches

US Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches

General Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches


Author(s) John A Wiebe
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Wiebe, John A. "Silver Lake Mennonite Brethren Church (Dolton, South Dakota, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 18 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Silver_Lake_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Dolton,_South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=116093.

APA style

Wiebe, John A. (1959). Silver Lake Mennonite Brethren Church (Dolton, South Dakota, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Silver_Lake_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Dolton,_South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=116093.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, pp. 527-528. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.