From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
Line 4: Line 4:
  
 
Sunday School began in 1949, and midweek youth programs were added in the 1960s.
 
Sunday School began in 1949, and midweek youth programs were added in the 1960s.
 
 
 
= Bibliography =
 
= Bibliography =
 
Dueck, Gustav. <em>Chortitzer Mennonite Conference : 1874-1990</em>. Steinbach, MB: Chortitzer Mennonite Conference, 2004.
 
Dueck, Gustav. <em>Chortitzer Mennonite Conference : 1874-1990</em>. Steinbach, MB: Chortitzer Mennonite Conference, 2004.
  
 
Silberfeld Mennonite Church. "About Us." Web. 3 April 2010. [http://www.silberfeldcmc.com/index.php http://www.silberfeldcmc.com/index.php?option=com_content&amp;view=article&amp;id=2&amp;Itemid=2]
 
Silberfeld Mennonite Church. "About Us." Web. 3 April 2010. [http://www.silberfeldcmc.com/index.php http://www.silberfeldcmc.com/index.php?option=com_content&amp;view=article&amp;id=2&amp;Itemid=2]
 
 
 
= Additional Information =
 
= Additional Information =
 
<strong>Address</strong>: Box 4, New Bothwell, Manitoba
 
<strong>Address</strong>: Box 4, New Bothwell, Manitoba
Line 20: Line 16:
  
 
<strong>Denominational Affiliation</strong>: [http://www.chortitzer.com/ Chortitzer Mennonite Conference]
 
<strong>Denominational Affiliation</strong>: [http://www.chortitzer.com/ Chortitzer Mennonite Conference]
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=|date=March 2010|a1_last=Epp|a1_first=Marlene, Alf Redekopp|a2_last=Steiner|a2_first=Sam}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=|date=March 2010|a1_last=Epp|a1_first=Marlene, Alf Redekopp|a2_last=Steiner|a2_first=Sam}}

Revision as of 19:41, 20 August 2013

The Silberfeld Mennonite Church, New Bothwell, Manitoba is located about two km south of the original village of Silberfeld, directly north of Randolph and east of Niverville. The church served the people from the areas of Silberfeld, New Bothwell (Kronsthal), Hochfeld, Schoenthal, Reinfeld, Blumengard and Bergthal. The congregation has been affiliated with the Chortitzer Mennonite Conference.

The church was built in 1944 and replaced the Blumengard church about four km to the east. The new site was chosen by members in surrounding villages. It was a more central location in an era when everyone traveled by horse and buggy. The church building was constructed with mostly volunteer help. In 1957, the building was raised and rotated, and a basement added. In 1970 the congregation added a foyer. Another expansion in 1975 increased the size of the sanctuary and added more classroom space for the Sunday School.

Sunday School began in 1949, and midweek youth programs were added in the 1960s.

Bibliography

Dueck, Gustav. Chortitzer Mennonite Conference : 1874-1990. Steinbach, MB: Chortitzer Mennonite Conference, 2004.

Silberfeld Mennonite Church. "About Us." Web. 3 April 2010. http://www.silberfeldcmc.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2&Itemid=2

Additional Information

Address: Box 4, New Bothwell, Manitoba

Phone: 204-355-4574

Website: Silberfeld Mennonite Church

Denominational Affiliation: Chortitzer Mennonite Conference


Author(s) Marlene, Alf Redekopp Epp
Sam Steiner
Date Published March 2010


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene, Alf Redekopp and Sam Steiner. "Bothwell Christian Fellowship (New Bothwell, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. March 2010. Web. 20 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bothwell_Christian_Fellowship_(New_Bothwell,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=86713.

APA style

Epp, Marlene, Alf Redekopp and Sam Steiner. (March 2010). Bothwell Christian Fellowship (New Bothwell, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bothwell_Christian_Fellowship_(New_Bothwell,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=86713.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.