From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:32, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Sheridan Mennonite Church, located in the city of Sheridan, Yamhill County, Oregon, about 35 miles from the Pacific Ocean, is a member of the Pacific Coast Mennonite Conference. The church was organized in December 1923 with 35 charter members, as the outgrowth of a branch Sunday school started near McMinnville, Oregon, by the Hopewell congregation of near Hubbard, Oregon. The first ministers were Bishop Jacob D. Mishler and Daniel F. Shenk. In 1957 the membership was 302, with Gabriel D. Shenk and Raymond Mishler as bishops, and Daniel F. Shenk, LeRoy Cowan, and Oscar Wideman as ministers.


Author(s) Raymond Mishler
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Mishler, Raymond. "Sheridan Mennonite Church (Sheridan, Oregon, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 24 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Sheridan_Mennonite_Church_(Sheridan,_Oregon,_USA)&oldid=84925.

APA style

Mishler, Raymond. (1959). Sheridan Mennonite Church (Sheridan, Oregon, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Sheridan_Mennonite_Church_(Sheridan,_Oregon,_USA)&oldid=84925.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 514. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.