From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:32, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Shelby Reformed Mennonite Church located 3 miles east of Shelby, Oceana County, Michigan, is the only congregation of this branch of Mennonites in Michigan. The congregation was organized in 1888 and the meetinghouse, a frame structure with a seating capacity of 160, was built in 1893. The organizers of the church were Ambrose Bearss, John Near, and Peter Roth, Bearss serving as minister and Near as deacon. Other ministers who have served the congregation are Eli Near, Al Near, and Jesse Fogelsonger. In 1952 Omar Near was the minister. In 1958 the membership was 52.


Author(s) Richard Near
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Near, Richard. "Shelby Reformed Mennonite Church (Oceana County, Michigan USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 27 Aug 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Shelby_Reformed_Mennonite_Church_(Oceana_County,_Michigan_USA)&oldid=84916.

APA style

Near, Richard. (1959). Shelby Reformed Mennonite Church (Oceana County, Michigan USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 August 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Shelby_Reformed_Mennonite_Church_(Oceana_County,_Michigan_USA)&oldid=84916.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 512. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.