From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Selowitz, a village in what was formerly Moravia (now in the Central Bohemian Region [Středočeský kraj] of the Czech Republic) in which the Hutterian Brethren built a Bruderhof, which they abandoned in 1583 to move to near-by Nusslau, where the landowners promised them greater liberty in cultivating wine and hops. In Selowitz they occupied what is now house No. 37.

[edit] Bibliography

Zieglschmid, A. J. F. Die älteste Chronik der Hutterischen Brüder: Ein Sprachdenkmal aus frühneuhochdeutscher Zeit. Ithaca: Cayuga Press, 1943.


Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

, . "Selowitz (Středočeský kraj, Czech Republic)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 29 Jun 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Selowitz_(St%C5%99edo%C4%8Desk%C3%BD_kraj,_Czech_Republic)&oldid=77726.

APA style

, . (1959). Selowitz (Středočeský kraj, Czech Republic). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 June 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Selowitz_(St%C5%99edo%C4%8Desk%C3%BD_kraj,_Czech_Republic)&oldid=77726.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 498. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.