Jump to: navigation, search

Second Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite Church [GCM]), Springs, Pennsylvania, was established ca. 1925, when a group of excommunicated members of the Springs Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church [MC]) formed a new fellowship, which ca. 1944 joined the Eastern District Conference (GCM). Edward Miller, a minister of the Springs MC congregation but living at Inwood, West Virginia, some 100 miles distant, was called as supply preacher ca. 1928, serving once a month, but soon only for two communion services per year. In 1958 the membership was 18. They used the Brethren meetinghouse in Salisbury, some 6 miles north of Springs.

Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1959

[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Second Mennonite Church (Springs, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 26 Oct 2016.,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=77701.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1959). Second Mennonite Church (Springs, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 October 2016, from,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=77701.

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 490. All rights reserved.

©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.