From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
Second Mennonite Church ([[General Conference Mennonite Church (GCM)|General Conference Mennonite Church]] [GCM]), Springs, [[Pennsylvania (USA)|Pennsylvania]], was established ca. 1925, when a group of excommunicated members of the Springs Mennonite Church ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]] [MC]) formed a new fellowship, which ca. 1944 joined the [[Eastern District Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Eastern District Conference]] (GCM). Edward Miller, a minister of the Springs MC congregation but living at Inwood, West Virginia, some 100 miles distant, was called as supply preacher ca. 1928, serving once a month, but soon only for two communion services per year. In 1958 the membership was 18. They used the Brethren meetinghouse in Salisbury, some 6 miles north of Springs.
+
Second Mennonite Church ([[General Conference Mennonite Church (GCM)|General Conference Mennonite Church]] [GCM]), Springs, [[Pennsylvania (USA)|Pennsylvania]], was established ca. 1925, when a group of excommunicated members of the Springs Mennonite Church ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]] [MC]) formed a new fellowship, which ca. 1944 joined the [[Eastern District Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Eastern District Conference]] (GCM). Edward Miller, a minister of the Springs MC congregation but living at Inwood, West Virginia, some 100 miles distant, was called as supply preacher ca. 1928, serving once a month, but soon only for two communion services per year. In 1958 the membership was 18. They used the Brethren meetinghouse in Salisbury, some 6 miles north of Springs.
 
+
 
+
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 490|date=1959|a1_last=Bender|a1_first=Harold S|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 490|date=1959|a1_last=Bender|a1_first=Harold S|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Latest revision as of 18:59, 20 August 2013

Second Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite Church [GCM]), Springs, Pennsylvania, was established ca. 1925, when a group of excommunicated members of the Springs Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church [MC]) formed a new fellowship, which ca. 1944 joined the Eastern District Conference (GCM). Edward Miller, a minister of the Springs MC congregation but living at Inwood, West Virginia, some 100 miles distant, was called as supply preacher ca. 1928, serving once a month, but soon only for two communion services per year. In 1958 the membership was 18. They used the Brethren meetinghouse in Salisbury, some 6 miles north of Springs.


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Second Mennonite Church (Springs, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 14 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Second_Mennonite_Church_(Springs,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=77701.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1959). Second Mennonite Church (Springs, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 14 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Second_Mennonite_Church_(Springs,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=77701.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 490. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.