From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:31, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Schädowitz (Schaidowitz), Moravia, today Žádovice, about 1550 owned by the lord Sigmund von Zastrizil. In 1553 the Hutterites established a Bruderhof here. The Chronik reports the death of a number of preachers at this place, including Paul Glock 1585, Veit Grünberger, and Hans Baldauff 1587. During the Bosckay invasion of 1605-1606, and again during the early years of the Thirty Years’ War the Bruderhof was plundered by hordes of soldiers not fewer than eleven times. When the Hutterites were summarily expelled from Moravia in 1622, this Bruderhof also had to be abandoned.

Bibliography

Zieglschmid, A. J. F. Die älteste Chronik der Hutterischen Brüder: Ein Sprachdenkmal aus frühneuhochdeutscher Zeit. Ithaca: Cayuga Press, 1943.


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Schädowitz (Jihomoravský kraj, Czech Republic)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 14 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Sch%C3%A4dowitz_(Jihomoravsk%C3%BD_kraj,_Czech_Republic)&oldid=84820.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1959). Schädowitz (Jihomoravský kraj, Czech Republic). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 14 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Sch%C3%A4dowitz_(Jihomoravsk%C3%BD_kraj,_Czech_Republic)&oldid=84820.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, pp. 1119-1120. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.