From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Sawyer Mennonite Brethren Church, 1948.
Creator: Henry J. Wiens (1885-1975)
Digitized by Hiebert Library. Center for Mennonite Brethren Studies
.

Sawyer Mennonite Brethren Church, located 7 miles west of Sawyer, North Dakota, a member of the Mennonite Brethren Conference (MB) Central District Conference, was organized by Christian Reimche in 1909 with nine members. Reimche, the first pastor, served the church for many years with the assistance of other ministers. The first church building was erected in 1909. This was replaced by a new building in 1924, which was again enlarged and remodeled to 20 x 58 ft. in 1947.

Ministers who have served the congregation include D. J. Gerbrandt, J. F. Thiessen, and Gustav Faul. In 1957 the membership was 84; the pastor was John D. Block.

The church no longer exists.

[edit] Bibliography

Sawyer MB Church: 75 Years of Blessings. Sawyer, ND: The Church, 1984.

[edit] Additional Information

Denominational Affiliation:

Central District Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches

U. S. Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches

General Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches


Author(s) A. A. Dick
J. F. Thiessen
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Dick, A. A. and J. F. Thiessen. "Sawyer Mennonite Brethren Church (Sawyer, North Dakota, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 2 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Sawyer_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Sawyer,_North_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=116072.

APA style

Dick, A. A. and J. F. Thiessen. (1959). Sawyer Mennonite Brethren Church (Sawyer, North Dakota, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 2 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Sawyer_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Sawyer,_North_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=116072.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 435. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.