From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Saron Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite Church), located one mile south of Orienta, OK, a member of the Western District Conference, was organized in 1897 with 11 charter members, under the leadership of Christian Ramseier, assisted by John Bartel. The first meetinghouse was dedicated in 1906 and was replaced in 1940 by a brick structure built on the original site. The membership in 1957 was 124, with A. C. Siebert as pastor.


Author(s) W. J Flickinger
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Flickinger, W. J. "Saron Mennonite Church (Orienta, Oklahoma, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 31 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Saron_Mennonite_Church_(Orienta,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=77426.

APA style

Flickinger, W. J. (1959). Saron Mennonite Church (Orienta, Oklahoma, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 31 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Saron_Mennonite_Church_(Orienta,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=77426.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 423. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.