From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:57, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Sandy Lake Mennonite Mission at Sandy Lake, AB began services about 1957. Fred and Elsie Gingerich are considered the founding leaders of the group. The congregation originated through outreach by the Mennonite Board of Missions and Charities.

The group was always mission-sponsored with no membership statistics given. Fred and Elsie Gingerich were sponsored by the Mennonite Board of Missions and Charities (Elkhart, Ind.) to start a school in 1957. They also conducted Sunday school and craft programs but never started a church.

The congregation dissolved about 1974. It had been affiliated with the Northwest Mennonite Conference and the Mennonite Church. The language of worship was English.

Bibliography

Canadian Mennonite (20 December 1957): 1.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published February 1989


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Sandy Lake Mennonite Mission (Sandy Lake, Alberta, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 1989. Web. 20 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Sandy_Lake_Mennonite_Mission_(Sandy_Lake,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=77407.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (February 1989). Sandy Lake Mennonite Mission (Sandy Lake, Alberta, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Sandy_Lake_Mennonite_Mission_(Sandy_Lake,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=77407.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.