From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Salem Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite Church), now extinct, located 6 miles southwest of Wisner, NE, a member of the Northern District Conference, was organized in 1889 by August Leisy, Henry Leisy, Rudolph Leisy, Jacob Risser, and Chris Risser. The meeting house was built in 1889. In 1954 there was no minister in charge and the church was only semi-active, with 12 members. It was not listed in the 1956 Yearbook.


Author(s) A. J Leisy
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Leisy, A. J. "Salem Mennonite Church (Wisner, Nebraska, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 28 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Salem_Mennonite_Church_(Wisner,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=77362.

APA style

Leisy, A. J. (1959). Salem Mennonite Church (Wisner, Nebraska, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 28 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Salem_Mennonite_Church_(Wisner,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=77362.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 405. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.