From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Salem Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), four miles southeast of Shickley, Nebraska, was organized in 1891 by P. P. Hershberger and Chris Beller. Services were held in a township hall until 1904, when a meeting house was erected. In 1957 the membership was approximately 265 with Peter R. Kennel serving as bishop and Fred C. Reeb as minister.


Author(s) P. R Kennel
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Kennel, P. R. "Salem Mennonite Church (Shickley, Nebraska, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 31 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Salem_Mennonite_Church_(Shickley,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=77357.

APA style

Kennel, P. R. (1959). Salem Mennonite Church (Shickley, Nebraska, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 31 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Salem_Mennonite_Church_(Shickley,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=77357.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 405. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.